All dog licenses are issued by the Ingham County Treasurer's Office. Dog Licenses are required by law for all dogs over four months of age.
Click here for the Ingham County Dog License Application
Reasons for Licensing:
- Excellent identification. It's your ticket back home. It allows us to notify you when your lost pet is found.
- It ensures your dog is rabies vaccinated.
- Provides proof that the dog legally belongs to you.
A current rabies vaccination certificate, signed by a veterinarian, is required to purchase a license. If you wish to purchase a three year license, a three year rabies vaccination certificate is needed. Licenses for sterilized dogs are less expensive than unsterilized dogs. A Veterinarian's Certificate of Sterilization or a sworn affidavit is required for the sterilized price. A license cannot extend more than 30 days past the expiration of the rabies vaccination. There are no pro-rated three year licenses or refund for any unused portion.
Dog licenses can be purchased at the following locations:
1. Ingham County Treasurer Office - By mail only
2. Veterans Memorial Courthouse - Drop box drop-off only (M-F 8 am to 5 pm)
3. Ingham County Animal Control, 600 Buhl St, Mason, MI 48854
Licensing Fees - Effective January 1st, 2021
Inspection Fee: $155.00
Inspection Fee: $180.00
Licenses expire at the end of the month in which the rabies vaccination was given. Check your license to determine the expiration year. The Ingham County Treasurer will mail renewal license application to Ingham County residents 30-45 days prior to license expiration.
Lost license tag can be replaced at the Ingham County Treasurer's office. Please bring your original license and a sworn statement that the license tag is lost.
Licenses can also be purchased at the following locations:
Okemos, MI 48864
Haslett, MI 48840
Holt, MI 48842
All Ingham County Residents
Closed until 12/21/20
KENNEL LICENSE APPLICATION